Proven Winners Landscape Roadshow – Hosted By Home Nursery
- Our first Proven Winners Landscape Roadshow of 2022 was hosted by Gold Key Grower, Home Nursery, and held at the Doubletree Hotel St. Louis, Chesterfield.
- This event represented the third Proven Winners Landscape Roadshow hosted by Home Nursery. After a push in 2021 due to the pandemic, we were pleased to return to an in-person event and welcome over 165 attendees representing landscapers, landscape architects and designers, commercial property grounds managers. And this year, in addition to landscape professionals, we welcomed members of retail garden centers.
- Home Nursery's President, Ann Tosovsky, welcomed attendees and Proven Winners' Tom Ewing provided an overview of the day's program, introduced each of our supplier sponsors, and outlined the CEU Credits approved for the day by the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD).
- Hilliary Metzger, Sales manager at Home Nursery, licked off the morning with an overview of the features within the Home Nursery's new website.
- Our morning presentations included presentations from Proven Winners experts introducing the newest Proven Winners Annuals (John Antonelli with Four Star Greenhouse), Proven Winners Perennials (Josh Roggenbuck & Matt Pielin with Walters Gardens), Proven Winners ColorChoice Shrubs (Jane Beggs-Joles with Spring Meadow Nursery), and Proven Winners Heart to Heart Caladiums (Nelson Darden & Clay Hendon with Classic Caladiums).
- Tree expert Jerry Blankenship, owner of Blankenship Farms and Nursery, shared his extensive knowledge and provided an outstanding overview of High Performing Trees for this region.
- The morning session concluded with Keynote Speaker, Digital Marketing Expert and owner of Keldo Digital, Kelly Dowell. Kelly presented Tech Tools to Dominate Your Day, walking attendees through many of today's helpful tech tools beneficial to our industry members.
- After a catered lunch, attendees attended separate breakout afternoon educational sessions for Landscape Professionals and Retailers. For the Landscape Professional, Classic Caladium's National Sales Manager, Nelson Darden, highlighted the newest Proven Winners Heart to Heart Caladiums and shared the genetic behind what makes them an exciting, season-long color addition to the landscape. Kevin McIntyre, Forestry Supervisor with Tower Grove Park, concluded the session sharing his broad knowledge of tree maintenance practices and shared actual supportive case studies from Tower Grove Park. Retailers in the Retail breakout session were provided an overview of Proven Winners exciting 2022 Retail Programs by Proven Winners Director of Retail Accounts, Jessica DeGraaf. This session concluded with a thorough overview of Proven Winners newest Annuals and the recently introduced AquaPot Program by John Antonelli, regional Sales Manager with Four Star Greenhouse.
- Home Nursery filled the venue with hundreds of beautiful Proven Winners display plants reflecting the their nursery's quality emphasis, including hundreds of Proven Winners perennials from their new perennial program, headed by Chloe Smith. Walter's Gardens also showcased many of their new Proven Winners introductions lining the front of the stage.
- Supporting our event with display tables were John Richardson and Ben Allen with Bobcat of St. Louis, Jason Hughes with Synova, Craig Pisarkiewicz with MPR Supply Company, Nelson Darden & Clay Hendon with Classic Caladiums, and Chris Sabbarese with Corona Tools. Chris and Corona handed out 50 pruners to the first attendees to sign in at his display table for Corona's Pros Know Community.
2.17.22 Landscape Roadshow Program [PDF]
LCC 2022 Home Nsy Flyer [HTML]
|8:00 am - 2:30 pm